Welcome to the website of St Andrew’s Church, Holme Hale
Holme Hale is a rural village in West Norfolk. It has a population of about 450 and is surrounded by rich arable farming land.
The church of St Andrew, which is Grade 1 Listed, has stood in the middle of the village for some seven centuries. It is now part of a four parish benefice, together with the villages of Necton and North and South Pickenham.
Holme Hale was originally two lordships, Holm and Hale, both held in the 14th century from Lord Fitzwalter. The two lordships were separate, distinct places, each with a church dedicated to St. Andrew. They were combined in about 1375, following the ravages of the black death. The two churches were united in about 1470, with Holm church being abandoned.